MSU @ AAA 2016
The annual American Anthropological Association meeting begins this week in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We have several presentations, sessions, forums, and workshops involving members of the MSU Anthropology program. Check out the presentations listed below in alphabetical order of lead presenter. The full searchable schedule can be viewed here. If I have missed any MSU presenters or organizers please let me know and I will update the list.
- Session: Navigating Biomedical Hegemony and Health Inequalities
- Friday November 18th, 10:15 AM – 12:00 PM.
- Session: Discovering Evidence of Care from the Four Fields of Anthropology: Health and Reproduction
- Thursday November 17th, 4:00 PM – 5:45 PM
- Presentation: Bioarchaeological Evidence of Caregiving from a Historic-Era County Hospital (4:30 PM – 4:45 PM).
- Session: Human Rights Vernacularizations: Celebrating the Work of Sally Merry
- Saturday November 19th, 8:00 AM – 9:45 AM.
Jennifer Goett (co-organizer Laurie Medina)
- Session: After Recognition: Indigenous and Afrodescendant Territorial Rights in Latin America (5-0840).
- Saturday November 20th, 2016. 1:45 PM – 3:30 PM.
- Workshop: How (and Whether) to Find an Academic Job
- Thursday November 17th, 8:00am – 12:00pm.
Lynne Goldstein (with Lisa Bright and Jeff Painter)
- Session: Ceramic Ecology XXX: Current Advances in Ceramic Research
- Friday November 18th, 4:00 PM – 5:45 PM.
- Presentation: Sherds of Spartans Past: Ceramics from the Michigan State University Campus Archaeology Program (4:15PM – 4:30PM)
Rowenn Kalman (co-organizer Michael Walker)
- Session: Evidence of Inclusion and Equity: Engaged Anthropology and the Sustaining Impact of Anne Ferguson’s Scholarship and Mentorship
- Friday November 18th, 8:00 AM – 9:45 AM.
Seven Mattes (Organizer: Akihiro Ogawa)
- Session: Space, Self, and Language in East Asia
- Sunday November 20th, 10:15 AM – 12:00 PM.
Mindy Morgan (co-organizer Ira Bashkow)
- Session (Roundtable): Voicing the Ancestors: Readings in Memory of George Stocking (3-0030).
- Date: Thursday November 17th, 8:00am – 9:45 AM.
- Session: Eco-Subjectives: Resisting Environmental Inequality Through Indigenous and Local Community Coalition-Building
- Saturday November 19th, 10:15 AM – 11:45 AM
- Presentation: Rivers of Wisdom, Islands of History: The Poises of Sustainable Indigenous Knowledge Communities through Heritage and Environmental Resource Management (11:15AM – 11:30AM)
- Session: After Recognition: Indigenous and Afrodescendant Territorial Rights in Latin America
- Saturday November 19th, 1:45 PM – 3:00 PM
- Presentation: Whose City? Indigenous Peoples and the Interrogation of Public Space in Northwestern Mexico (2:00 PM – 2:15 PM)